Thursday, November 14, 2013

Liquid Motion Workshops (by Jeni Janover)

This week our studio (Boulder Spirals) had the privilege of learning fluidity and transitions in floor work by the amazing Jeni Janover. The description of the workshops by the makers is below:

"Liquid Motion® is a traveling workshop series comprised of two- three 90 min workshops. Our goal is to open your creative mind and guide you into a world of endless possibilities. It teaches you, and your students, the fundamentals of movement through basic dance theory and inner confidence, using our most natural instincts, sensual and sensuous dance. We use these two approaches because they are imbedded in us from conception; subsequently, it is the quickest way to the end result of fluidity, passion and beautiful movement. Liquid Motion® will teach you to move in ways you never thought you could. We simply teach you where movement comes from, and give you a window into where you can take it."

I signed up for all three but unfortunately due to the beyond horrible drivers in the world I was late to the class as well as the appointment I had set before the class.

However, for the two classes I did take I already feel completely changed and feel I have learned basic steps to progress my transitions and floor work for future choreography.

I would love to show and explain every part of the workshops but I truly could not convey or teach it properly enough to where you would get the truly altering benefits I got from taking the workshops. I also respect the makers and their hard work and would not want to give away for free what they have worked so hard to develop.
If you ever get the chance to take them - DO IT. Or request for them to post videos or come to your studio to share their secrets ;)

FaceBook for Liquid Motion:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liquid-Motion/147589188675606?id=147589188675606&sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment