Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Machine Gun Split



I achieved my machine gun split yesterday. This move was actually trickier than I thought, and like usual, for different reasons than I imagined. At first I thought I would have the split thing pretty easily, but I did discover that I do need to be more flexy for this to be easier. Time to work on my hamstring flexibility more! (if that's even possible).
This move was annoying because I felt the two tutorials I watched were missing something. Maybe it is possible that you need to bear your entire body weight on a weirdly bent arm so really only your hand is holding you up, but I only got it when I leaned my body into the hole instead of tried to hover around it.
My foot was also sprained so I didn't really pull on my top leg at much, but this move was weird. It's definitely not one I think people can get with one go. I did this in maybe 7 tries? I started and got it in one day luckily, lost some sleep for it, but I am still proud :) I enjoy learning tricks that I can later perfect so I feel proud and can just continue to improve my form and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment