Monday, December 23, 2013

Track Your Progress - You Never Know What May Come of It


As a pole student I have always been told to track my progress.
It sounded like a lot of work I wasn't too interested in.
Now I understand.

Over the last year of learning pole there are so many goals I have set and accomplished.
(Abs in top photo: August 2013. Bottom: December 2013) 
(Splits Left: July 2013, Right: November 13)
 
I wish I had taken more photos and written more notes and moves down.
Tips for myself and for my future students

I was often too shy to ask a teacher or another student to take a photo,
often afraid of feeling show-offy or not wanting to blast my FaceBook page with "look at me" photos.

I'm telling you right now to let that go.
You have no idea what this may bring yourself and someone else.

You can visually see your growth and your challenges.
You can remind yourself of how far you have come on your days that you are feeling lousy.
And you never know what your progress can bring another person.

Who knows? Maybe they will start pole after being inspired by you and it may change their life for the better forever.
Maybe your helpful tips may bring friends and students someday closer to their goals.

Keep track, don't be shy, and be proud.
What you can do, most people can't.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment